Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through contributions of its membership, and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction we draw on five major resources:
1. Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
2. Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
3. Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
4. Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely recieve.
5. Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowhip S.L.A.A. has no other opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any other organization, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns wich transcends any personal differences of sexual or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every S.L.A.A. member. Additionally, we try
to avoid drawing undue attention to S.L.A.A. as a whole from the public media.